School of Dentistry Distinguished Alumnus Award Criteria
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Dentistry is accepting nominations for the Distinguished Alumnus Award. In light of the School of Dentistry’s 50th anniversary, the Distinguished Alumnus Awards will be granted annually to alumni who have distinguished themselves professionally and through service to their community.
- Individuals must have received a degree from UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry.
- Nominations can be made by any member of the community including: alumni, staff, students, family, friends and business associates.
- Candidates must be nominated by an individual other than themselves.
- Nominator must submit a complete nomination packet to UT Health San Antonio Alumni Engagement no later than October 1, 2020.
Nomination Packet Contents
- A completed Distinguished Alumnus nomination form (online form) (PDF form)
- A comprehensive letter from the Nominator describing the reason for the nomination (see ** below)
- A current Curriculum Vitae or Resume on the Nominee
- The nominator’s letter should discuss each criterion listed below in the order presented with a heading to indicate the criterion addressed:
- Professional Attainment and Achievement – Candidates should have attained prominence in his or her industry or profession. Their work should have a demonstrated impact.
- Community Service/ Outstanding Service to Industry or Profession – Candidates should have demonstrated outstanding service to his or her community or to his or her industry or profession.
- UT Health San Antonio Loyalty and Support – Candidates should have demonstrated a pride in their alma mater through contributed time, talent or resources. Their interest in and loyalty to UT Health should be evident.
- Integrity and Character - Candidate must have the highest standard of personal integrity and character.
**Mission of the School of Dentistry: The School of Dentistry mission is to improve oral health through excellence in education, research, patient care, and community engagement.